Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Next Step: Cameras!

Well, I was at work yesterday when my phone got an email from HomeSeer saying there was unauthorized motion in the kitchen (i.e., nobody home, but motion anyways). I called my wife to see if she was home, but she was also at work. I then logged onto my remote access website to see if there was anything else wrong. It only showed motion in the kitchen, but not in any adjacent rooms, so I thought it was just probably shadows or something. But this gave me an idea of what to do next (and my wife had the same thought!): cameras.

I need to find some way to figure out what is going on at my house should this type of alert happen. They don't really need to be hooked up to a DVR yet (although that would be nice in the future), but just something where I can log on the internet and make sure everything is okay. A new project begins...

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I have installed cameras before but have no particular information for you. Look forward to seeing your progress!
Good luck
Dave

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm anxious to see how this works out for you. I'm still in the 'feasibility analysis' stage of automating my home. One of the things I want to do is set up some cameras that are turned on by motion instead of being always on.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Well, Derek. Funny you should mention this. The automation part seems to be working out well... still a few kinks to be worked out even after a couple of months of being "stable". But based on my experience, get the cameras up as quickly as possible... see my next few blogs (once I get them up) for details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home