Monday, February 19, 2007

Quick status update

Nothing in depth to report... just a status update.

Had a few minutes over the weekend in between building bookshelves, hanging large batik artwork, and doing my taxes. I set up door sensors on the front and back doors, although I'm not really sure what events to program them for at this point. All I have for them now is to tell me if one of them is open for 15 seconds. I'll probably set up some sort of notification (you know, once I get HomeSeer email working) that let's me know if one of these devices goes to Alert status while nobody is home. But I know I didn't want a sound every time a door opened or closed... that would get annoying (but not a bad idea for windows that are not supposed to be open).

Also, I put up an outdoor motion sensor over the front stoop. Managed to totally strip one of the mounting screws in the process, so I ended up mounting it with velcro (hope that holds up outside). Not entirely sure whether or not the event set up for it works or not... I told HomeSeer to make an announcement that somebody is at the front door when the motion detector is changed to active, but only if the door is closed. I didn't want to make the announcement when someone is leaving, just when they are arriving (and I haven't yet opened the door for them, obviously). It also turns on the foyer lights at night, as I don't have a UPB switch set up for the porch lights yet.

And that brings us to what really needs to get done... I MUST find time to install those switches. I know, a boring post... but remember, I started this blog for my own documentation purposes, not necessarily for your enjoyment :-)

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Ok, I try not to enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home